Future VIA education
As the new-born child of five different parenting institutions with different values and practises, VIA University College needs core values to act as guidelines for our future being. The Board and staff representing all aspects of VIA University College have engaged in great debate and agreed on the following values to be guidelines:
- Originality – VIA will develop study programmes and solutions that are not matched or outdone by other institutions.
- Openness – VIA is open in everything that we do and will enter into dialogues with all our stakeholders.
- Diversity – VIA wants to create a professional and varied learning environment in which students can meet and work irrespective of subject and nationality. VIA must be able to accommodate everybody.
Originality is one of the three values as we at VIA University College believe that an original approach to the development of study programmes and original solutions within the educational field will be essential for our ability to continue attracting future students and collaborators.
VIA University College believes that openness is a prerequisite for entering a positive and constructive dialogue with all our stakeholders, regardless of whether they are staff, management, students, business partners or other educational institutions.
Being not only a provider of qualified staff for a wide range of companies and positions, but also an educator of students of different ages, nationalities and both genders, it is essential that VIA University College puts a premium on being diverse in all matters we attend to.
The aim of VIAs international vision and strategy is the following:
- VIA University College will meet the demands for globalised education and for graduates with international competences required by society and the government.
- VIA University College will create growth and international competitive environments of social and academic excellence for students and staff.
- To make VIA University College visible to the international educational scene and attract international students to exchange programmes, full degree programmes and continuing education.
To meet our own strategy, in the short term we will:
- establish courses and programmes taught in English at all faculties.
- create Double Degree programmes within all our course programmes in cooperation with our partners.
- offer Summer School at all faculties.
- further the dedication of our staff in scientific and development projects with an international dimension.
In the long term, we wish to agree with our partners on Joint Degree programmes and to offer Danish education at newly established educational sites abroad.
- VIA should be the leading provider of Bachelor programmes in Denmark
- VIA should be the preferred educational partner in the region
- VIAs programmes will cover the entire labour market
- VIA will be recognised in Denmark for our key competences
- VIA should be an internationally competitive university college
- VIA should collaborate globally